Saturday, February 19, 2011

TURNING INTO A COUNSELOR.


She asks me to come online.
I do.
She shares.
She says she's gotten high on a bunch of stuff.
Hard to believe.
First I think she's probably fibbing.
Later decide that she's saying the truth,
Owing to the urgency in her voice.

And then she says she let a guy get on top of her.
I was like.. no way.
Shit.
Now she's done it.

I was pissed with her.
She has always been impulsive.
But I never thought she'd get this far with it.
Anyway,
Consoled her,
I think.
Told her what I thought.
Felt good to help her.

She screwed up her exams.
My fault?
No.
Her?
Yes.
She's been perpetually off about it.
I mean, she's half depressed, half nervous and completely psyched.
Which of course is gonna get her nowhere.
Anyway,
So I talk to her again.
Help her vent.
And she says she's gonna go on exile.
I feel good,
Cause I realize she's serious and she's gonna make a conscious effort.
She even quits FB.

Today she joined back.
And I was like,
Shit, now she's screwing it up again!
I dont know what it is, that makes me feel so bad about this.

Why am I so involved anyway?
I feel like a goddamn counselor!
Eww.
Hell no.
PLEASE.
NO!

No comments:

Post a Comment