Sunday, February 20, 2011

GRAMMY DISCOVERIES.


He says he hates the Grammy's.
Its not like I love them.
At least I didnt when I told him so.
But there are these four songs from the Grammy's that sorta stayed with me.

I mean, it was late in the night,
And the TV was on.
And VH1 was playing the Grammy's.
Is that my fault?

I watched a couple of stuff.
I liked some of it.
Laughed at the rest.

Anyway, the four songs are:

[1] Miranda Lambert - The House That Built Me.
This song is awesome. Aunty told me about this way before. Downloaded it then. Liked it quite a bit. But then got detached from it. Now heard it again. Paid attention to the lyrics finally. They're beautiful. Losing my home of fifteen years.. it felt a lot like this. I mean, it can be related to.

[2] Lady Antebellum - Need You Now.
One song I like merely cause of the song itself. Its amazing to listen to. Her voice.. then his. The story. Of trying to get over each other and not being able to. And then the desperation and the urgency and needing each other right then.. its amazing. I quite like this band suddenly.

[3] Jewel - Satisfied.
I like it.. I cant really relate to it much. Always believed in quite the opposite really. But I love her voice. And how it reaches the crescendo. Quite delightful.

[4] Sara Bareilles - King Of Anything.
I like a plain fun song after a long time. Of course it has much deeper meaning. Meant for a teen rebel like me. Or maybe for older women too, dominated by their spouses. Seriously, I dont give a fuck to that male dominated world out there. They can keep their elite opinions to themselves. Nobody died to make them king of anything!

[5] Paramore - Only Exception.
Heard of the band before. Never really tried it. This song is great. I can again relate to it. Especially the part that says that love doesnt really exist.. but that doesnt mean I ignore the great thing in front of me right here.. and that You are the only exception. And besides that.. the song has an earthly feel to it. Makes it sound so real and close to home. Touches the heart. It does.

Thats my grammy discoveries.

No comments:

Post a Comment