Saturday, February 19, 2011

LONELY BATHS.


Maid left early.
We ate first.
I was supposed to take a bath later.

The whole house was empty.
Shut the windows.
The verandah door too.
Started the geyser.
Let a bucket fill.
Then the big red baby tub.

Then turned up the music real high.
Then stripped in my room.
Then walked to the bathroom stark naked.

Brushed while listening to Miranda Lambert.
Then put shampoo on my hair.
It takes a while now.
Let it stay.
Changed it to Lady Antebullum.
Then washed my hair.
Then changed it to John Mayer.
Then scrubbed with a pumice stone.
And then finally put it to,
Secondhand Serenade.
And completed my ritualistic bath.

Oh did I say I was texting him the entire while?
And I sipped on a glass of coke?
And I was even reading for a while?

Wow.
I like these baths.
Lonely baths are the best.
Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment